Tuesday, May 18, 2010

HAPPY BIRTHDAY NANA

99 years old and still going strong!!My Nana has been through a lot in her 99 years and seen many changes. She is still as bright as a spark, challenging the daily crossword puzzles and loving life. Next May she'll be 100!! In New Zealand, as a member of the commonwealth, citizens receive a letter of congratulations from the Queen on their 100th birthday and let me assure you, it's a pretty rare feat. Have a wonderful year Nana and I hope you've recovered from the celebrations for your 99th party!! CONGRATULATIONS!!!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I am just home from helping her celebrate! Steve and Maggie are over from Aussie and John and Kathleen came down from Auckland. We had a birthday tea in one of the lounges at the resthome. A good time was had by all. I'll see that your good wishes get relayed to Nana.