Friday, July 31, 2009

Hanabi & Hula

The Annual Summer Fireworks Festival ran last night as was scheduled. It is often postponed due to inclement weather and boding typhoons. None of those this year though and as a result there was a huge turnout!

I was working, but in my break time I managed to sneak down for a quick look and caught the Tahitian and Hula show in which a couple of my student's mothers were dancing.


They looked great and danced well to the swelling crowd that was gathering.

I had to head back to work before the fireworks got underway but snapped a couple of pics from the back balcony at work before a combination of sea fog rolling in and smoke made them resemble traffic lights more than anything else. Still, it seemed the masses enjoyed themselves with all the noise and revelry going on outside!

No comments: