Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Enishi & Pinedale Backpackers Lodge

 Long time friends and self employed entrepreneurs 'ENISHI' packed up and started on a new chapter in their journey. It was great to see them all before they left and I wish them all the best for safe, successful and enjoyable future. They presence will be missed by all of us here in Kamogawa.
 They were clearing out the closet and giving away the non-essentials and I was lucky enough to be given 'SPROUT', a surfing DVD, as well as this classic CD, 'RESEVOIR DOGS', which I used to listen to a lot when flatting with Timmy T down in Dunedin. I hope things are OK for him and his family from Christchurch and their PINEDALE Backpackers Lodge in Methven, New Zealand as they gear up for the ski/snowboard season @ Mt. Hutt. Thinking of you guys mate!

5 comments:

Alex said...

Wow! Where is Enishi going?

J said...

The Garden Isle, lucky buggers.
Alex, are you still planning a stint over there?

Alex said...

No plans, just dreams. I also dream of spending a few more years in Dunedin, just quietly. But at this stage it's looking more likely our next step will be France. For Hanh's work. I suppose that could be interesting. But what I really want to do is live by the beach, any beach anywhere, and go surf!

Alex said...

But that's great that Enishi and family can just move to Kauai like that. I guess they'd be hoping to set up a shop or something like that? People in Kamogawa are going to miss them.

J said...

France has beachies. What are you talking about! They look like some of the sickest waves in Europe with cheap vino to wash down lunch. Fast trains...Hanh can commute :)

Dunners is wicked! But it gets damn cold. Tough change from where you've been and are now. I miss it though :(