Saturday, December 19, 2009

Last Day of Term!!

Today is the last day of term at school.

It's been a tumultuous ride with plenty of ups and downs. But most significantly, the successful introduction of a new kids curriculum, which in my opinion, has gone pretty smoothly. Unfortunately, one of the staff from HO has had to return home indefinitely to sort out things at home (BTW, her name's not Tiger) and she'll be sorely missed as she did a lot of work behind the scenes to keep the ship running smoothly. Come back soon Willa...We'll miss you!!

Also a huge thanks to my immediate work colleagues who have really worked hard throughout the year and made going to work both enjoyable and stress free. You know who you are...

As we embark on the winter vacation the weather has taken a turn for the colder, with snow forecast in many areas and the prospect of a white Christmas for some looking very real!!

Tonight I have another 'Year End' Party, this time with Maki and friends from Bloom Surf Shop. It should be fun and we'll definitely need a few beers to help fend off the cold on the walk home!!

I managed to navigate the last party pretty safely and came away more or less unscathed, which is more than I can say for some of the others....hahaha. So inspired was I, that I got my lazy butt out of bed at the crack of dawn for a surf check with (repaired) camera in tow and snapped these pictures before hitting Kakou for a few waves!!
The early morning is definitely one of the most serene times of day and we are lucky to be blessed with sunrises like this most days!!

At that party some older pics popped up from the same event some 6-7 years ago. They were a bit of a laugh...I might scan 1~2 and post them for all to see. In the meantime, here's one for Ma and Pa after one of my busy weekends...hahaha I look knackered!!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Looks like end of term came just in time ...

Alex said...

argh! what is it!!!