Tuesday, May 12, 2009

大 PaNiC!!

Oh my God! I put a cat amongst the pigeons yesterday when I failed to locate my wallet.

I'd left it in a plastic bag from the supermarket after shopping as my boardies had no pockets. At the BBQ everything was pulled out and the bag remained (with the wallet in it) behind the front passengers seat in the car. As I was clearing out the coals from the fire, the girls started cleaning up and 'that' plastic bag was mistaken for being used for trash!!!

When I woke up Monday morning, I went to make coffee but there was no milk. I was all set to head off to the store when I tried to remember where I had left my wallet (with everything in it!! bar a lot of cash). I started rummaging through the car, realized that it may have been used for rubbish, then began rummaging through our trash can, but all to no avail.

By the way, Monday is trash collection day in my neighbourhood!!!

I woke Aiko and she told me that Sei had volunteered to take the rubbish as her condominium had a big communal waste collection area!

Yikes!! I was on the phone in a split second, but no answer. So I pedaled my bike as fast as I could go and tried Sei again on the phonewhen I got to her condominium. Luckily she answered and I told her my dilema. She was just on her way out for a surf so I was lucky to catch her.

We quickly rounded up one of the staff that had bagged all the rubbish and put it on the street side and between the three of us tracked it down. (pretty quickly fortunately)

I let out the biggest sigh of relief ever!

It stunk a bit of Kimchee, but no worries. I was just stoked to get it back before the rubbish collectors arrived.

MORAL OF THE STORY: Never leave your wallet in a supermarket bag in Japan! Or anywhere for that matter

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Now that is some story. How close was that to being sayonara